[geeks] Diet Pepsi

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Fri Jan 31 02:49:26 CST 2003

Chris Byrne wrote:

> But here's the question. When did Diet Pepsi stop being nasty?

Haven't noticed. Pepsi will always be "communist-coke" in my eyes.

> I tried a diet coke the other day and it still tastes the same...
> Absolutely awful.

And meanwhile, I absolutely LOVE diet Coke. I used to do ordinary Coke
until 2.5 years ago, when I really had to give diet Coke a chance, and
it worked. Now I think ordinary coke tastes like raw sugar in
comparence.
The new diet Coke Lemon tastes more like a drink than ordinary soda to
me. The Vanilla Coke makes me wanna choke.

On the other hand, here in Sweden we don't have beverages like Mountain
Dew and Jolt Cola, until our computer club downtown got the chance to
import some from the states. We had Mountain Dew, Jolt Cola, Keg's Root
Beer, Cream Soda and one sodacan that I forgot the name of. (Was
purple... looked like grapes on the front)
We imported like 3-4 pallets of this stuff every month and it apparently
got very famous. Infact, so famous, that a company in Stockholm got
license to sell Jolt Cola in Sweden.

Mountain Dew is my favourite. Sleezy sugary content with that... what?
Lime-taste? It's perfect for making drinks. Root Beer looks like Coke to
me, but tastes exactly like a popular chewing gum we have in Sweden.
Very Strange. Cream Soda rocks - vanilla icecream on a can. :-)

/Bjorn