[geeks] Thoughts?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jan 30 23:44:55 CST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 10:38  PM, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> If the URL that was in the email (before I snipped it) is the item in
> question, there is no mention of "photo for reference purposes only".
>
> That is misrepresentation of product and is, AFAIK, a prosecutable
> offense.
>
> Get your money back.  Don't take "no" for an answer.
>
> I had the same problem with some drives with Tandem firmware on them
> and
> I got my money back after 2 insistent emails.  FWIW, it was hdoutlet
> that I bought them from.
>
> I can dig out those emails I sent to him if youneed them.

Well so far I don't think I need to worry.  The drives format OK in the
G3 and seem quite dandy (had to test and try copying data).  Just need
to pull em out of the EMC trays... (anyone want EMC trays?)  I still
think the seller should change the auction, but it's a matter of
principle.  So I now have 5 working (AFAIK... tested one) 18GB drives
for $71.00  The tough part will be the drive rail engineering for the
Gateway.  I'm thinking drilling holes in metal strips the exact
distance apart inside the cage with a base to mount them on and then
pushing the whole stack back onto the connectors... then just anchoring
the makeshift assembly.  I was trying before to build drive rails out
of the sides of CD Jewel cases cut with a Dremel but I screwed up the
measurements and got impatient with that idea.

Andrew