[geeks] Daily Dose of Unix

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jan 30 12:51:05 CST 2003

"Chris Byrne" <chris at chrisbyrne.com> wrote:
> So any suggestions as to what my first new (or new to me) box should be?
> Realistic suggestions for a person living in an apartment, and who has
> to by a car that is.

I'm a fan of Irix boxen, but any decent Ultra-Sparc based Sun box would be
nice too.  Irix makes a better desktop OS than Solaris, and depending on the
hardware is liekly to give you some multimedia capabilities (if you care
about that sort of thing).  Personally, a low-end Octane (r10k-195Mhz) would
be the first one I bought if I needed a good Unix workstation.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com