[geeks] PCMCIA Flash

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 12:20:47 CST 2003

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 12:51 am, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> Not bad, but one thing i hadn't considered was mentioned by another
> list member, power consumption.

That could have been me as I mentioned something along those lines. I
certainly have battery duration probs on my Zaurus with a 802.11b card
in (last about 1.5 hours).

> the ipaq's expansion pack has an
> additional battery in it to power the pcmcia devices, but i really
> have no clue what battery life would be like when running a hard
> drive and a 802.11b card.

It seems that the ipaq is in a better position with respect to battery
life :-

http://www.tjotala.com/hardware/storagebrick/default.htm