[geeks] Sendmail question

Joacim Melin listor at melin.org
Sun Jan 26 15:42:44 CST 2003

I'm doing a transfer from an MS Exchange Server 2000-installation to
Linux and sendmail. (don't think I have to explain why... :) )

Have one question though : is it possible for sendmail to act as
another hostname ?  My network is setup so that I only got one fixed
public IP-address and I can't take down the exchange server until this
new server is up, and I'd hate to name the new email server the same
name as the old exchange server.

The fixed IP-address is registered to a specific hostname and my guess
is that there will be trouble if the name in the DNS is dogbert and the
new mailserver is named dilbert.. or whatever.

any advice welcome!

joacim

"If you can't win by reason, go for volume." -- Calvin

who > joacim melin
how > joacim at melin.org
where > http://z80.org