[geeks] Octane Quake2

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jan 25 04:08:51 CST 2003

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 04:32 AM, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>>    I do schematic capture and PCB layout on an SGI.
> What software do you use for this? Is it free? I am looking for a
> (small) ECAD programm that runs on *ix for some time.

   For schematic capture, "gEDA/gschem":
   http://www.geda.seul.org/

   For PCB layouts, "PCB":
   http://bach.ece.jhu.edu/~haceaton/pcb/

   For the PCB package, be advised that the true current release isn't
available from those web pages.  I have no idea why.  If you wind up
wanting to grab it let me know and I'll dig up a pointer to the current
stuff.  Or just google for "PCB 1.99j".

>> They're made for 3D, but they do 2D *very* well.
> Hmpf. Not like the Intergraph 4D50T card im my Alpha. I was
> disappointed
> of the 2D performance. In 3D it is on par with I2/SI (according to
> benchmarks, I dont do 3D stuff), but in 2D a I2/Extreme is faster.

   :-(

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "Wear whatever you want...Just don't be surprised
St. Petersburg, FL        if you wind up with a blow-gun dart in your