[geeks] Octane Quake2

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jan 24 19:53:01 CST 2003

Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

> On Friday 24 January 2003 19:58, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > It runs, but piss poor - due to not having textureing.  However, if
> > you add a TRAM module, it runs rather well.
>

> Mkay, and what do people do on sgi boxes without texturing? :-)

web, email, software dev, sysadmining, CAD, etc.  Same most other people
do with texturing.  The only diff is that without textures, it runs
slower if you do stuff that requires textureing.

Surprising little that I do with my Octane requires textures, but if I
do need it, it's nice to know that it's there.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."