[geeks] OSX optimizations

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Jan 22 15:31:37 CST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 04:01:52PM -0500, Ross Alexander wrote:
> * David Cantrell:
> > On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 03:04:52PM -0500, Bryan Fullerton wrote:
> > > There are still OSX apps, mostly those ported from OS9, which don't
> > > work [properly|at all] with UFS filesystems.
> > How bad is it, really?  Considering that the apps I use are pretty much
> > restricted to the stuff that comes out of the box with OS X, plus stuff
> > I compile myself, plus Safari and Photoshop Elements, plus a few little
> > shareware doodads that I could live without, just how painful can I
> > expect it to be?
> Not clear what you're asking about. Using a UFS file system?

Yes.  What breaks?

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

If you save all your money for three years, you'll be able to afford this
new computer.  If, however, you blow all your money on poker, booze and
loose women - you'll still be able to afford it in three years.
                                                      -- anon, on Usenet