[geeks] basic IRIX network questions

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Wed Jan 22 02:25:36 CST 2003

Yeah, mines kinda small too.  R10K 225, 256 megs and SI
graphics.  Still fun.  Gotta bump up the RAM though.  At the
very least it gives me an opportunity to play around with
IRIX.  I have been trying to install 6.5 for the past week
onto an Indy.  What an incredible fscking pain in the n**tz
that is!  Most of my troubles can are due to SCSI issues
combined with not knowing what i am doing, can't blame SGI for
that.  But to add the complexity of the install procedure on
top of that, ouch.  Guess being raised on MacOS, linux, dos
and windows installs kinda spoils you.

I'll go for the text files when i get home.  Thanks for the
reply guys.

/KRM