[geeks] Re: Watches was: hub needed

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Tue Jan 21 19:05:15 CST 2003

That's not too bad then. The real problem with quartz watches (other
than not being able to repair them)is quality control. If QC isnt
perfect the watch can seem to be funcitoning just fine, but be imprecise
enough to be irritating. Also the lesser quality ones seem to lose
precision over time.

For me, if a watch loses more than a second a day I'll definitely return
it. I check my daily wear watches every week against a multiple source
NTP client. In the five years that I wore my previous navitimer I
probably had to reset it once every three months, and never once was it
more than two seconds off. It was stolen last year, and I replaced it
with another navitimer because I really like the watch.

> > And of course bragging rights.
>
> Bit like having a rack full o' Suns and Vaxen at home :-)

Exactly!

Of course by that standard Dave McG should either have the biggest
baddest most expensive watch on the planet, or none since he ahd his
Crays to do his bragging for him ;-)

Chris Byrne