[geeks] Re: Watches was: hub needed

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jan 21 18:52:43 CST 2003

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 10:01:08AM -0700, Chris Byrne wrote:
> David Cantrell wrote:
> > As for the watch I wear - a cheap piece of shit Accurist quartz thingy.
> > It tells the time correctly to within a couple of minutes, and if I
> > need better I can use ntp.
> The average wrist watch is precise to +-20min/month. The very best wrist
> watches are precise to within +-1sec/year.

This one seems to be accurate to within a minute or so a month.

>                  The real reason to own a very precise watch is the
> personal satisfaction that comes with owning something so very well
> made.
>
> And of course bragging rights.

Bit like having a rack full o' Suns and Vaxen at home :-)

--
David Cantrell    |    Degenerate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

If you're doing business with a religious son of a bitch, get it in writing.
His word isn't worth shit, not with the Good Lord telling him how to fuck you
on the deal   -- W.S.Burroughs, "Words of Advice for Young People"