[geeks] Henry Rollins quotes

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jan 20 21:14:27 CST 2003

sammy ominsky <s at avoidant.org> wrote:

> Run a successful business without suits.
>
> Can't do it, no matter how hard we try. Look how so many of us are
> struggling. Suck.

Sure, we need suits.  We need suits to take care of all the bullshit
accounting work.  We need suits to go out and pound the pavement selling
whatever cool product we dream up.

We do *not* need suits to tell us how to run our business.  I think
we're all smart enough to figure that one out.  We also don't need to
pay these suits ex-fucking-horbitant salaries to make a stock price
increase by a few pennies so that they can excercise their options and
get rich - meanwhile laying off hundreds or thouseands of people for the
next few penny increase.

If people stopped thinking in terms of stock price, and more in actual
_company_value_, the suits might get a clue.  Until then, we need to
start paying the employees more, and the suits *way* less.

I swear, if I ever get to the point where I start thinking I need
someone to tell me how to run my business, I ask each and every one of
you to shoot me with my own handguns...

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."