[geeks] Henry Rollins quotes

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Mon Jan 20 20:55:17 CST 2003

On Monday, Jan 20, 2003, at 21:44 US/Eastern, Dan Sikorski wrote:

> Not true, there are lots of mom 'n' pop shops that are successful.
> Sure, they're not billion dollar corporations, but they're successful
> businesses.

He said "we".

Bleh. i'm just in a funk because I'm not working and don't really have
any further desire to kowtow to suits and their yes-men. I'm not bitter
about being let go, but I really, really don't want to work for anyone
else any more.

But I need income, NOW. I have kids and a mortgage, and all the goodies
that go along with a decent salary, except I no longer have the salary.
The thing is, i have ideas, and the skills to implement them, but it
takes money. Money means dealing with suits at some level, and I don't
want to. I will, though, and THAT is what makes me bitter. the fact
that I'll give in yet again, and go work for suits.

Bleh.

---sambo