[geeks] IRIX TCP performance

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jan 18 19:54:28 CST 2003

   I have a beefy Alpha on a FDDI ring (running NetBSD/alpha v1.6) and
an SGI Octane (running IRIX 6.5.11) on a temporary 10Mbps ethernet
drop, talking through a Cisco Catalyst 5000.  I'm trying to FTP some
large files to the Octane, and I'm only getting about 30-35Kbps
throughput.  I have about 2GB of stuff to move, so this kinda sucks.

   What is going on here?  I'm wondering if anyone else has run into
this and can tell me what's going on before I have to resort to
spending a nice quiet evening with tcpdump.

         Thanks,
         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols