[geeks] Followup on weapons seizure

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Jan 18 10:43:00 CST 2003

"Chris Byrne" <chris at chrisbyrne.com> wrote:

> Hey Im not gonna disagree with you, but the guy was a convicted Felon
> (1992 posession of an unlicensed automatic weapon) and had
> unregistered antitank devices, explosives, antipersonell mines, anti
> aircraft launchers (unsepecified but I thought I saw an SA7 in one
> shot)and more.
>
> This guy was clearly WAY over the line.

Which line?  The one drawn a repressive and confining government?  the
guy wasn't hurting anyone.  Yes he was odd - fine, but he wasn't a
'dangerous' man except in the eyes of public officials and nuetered
journalists - IMO anyway.  As always, YMMV and YOMV.

It was against the law, yes.  I won't argue that point.  I *will* argue
that the law is too strict, ineffective, and short sighted.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."