[geeks] Im going to XP, wish me luck

David Selders david at malleable.org
Sat Jan 18 01:09:19 CST 2003

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 11:59:17PM -0700, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Well my fscking Sony NetMD has been giving me fits. I can get the burner
> applciation to work fine, but the Open MG jukebox app screws up
> completely on everything when run on any 2k box I've tried. I sent in a
> support req to sony their response was, use XP or fuck off.
>
> Actually it was much more polite than that but anyway.
>
> Besides that theres a bunch of other crap I've got (software mostly, bt
> some hardware) that wants me to use XP for "full functionality", and if
> IBM gets me a new laptop it'll have XP on it anyway, so I might as well
> get used to it.
>
> Im "upgrading" to XP tonight.
>
> Wish me luck, Im gonna need it.
>
> Chris Byrne

Running XP on $EMPLOYERS laptop and it's not bad, not to be confused with it
works wonderful and everyone should use it.  Install SP1 and you can change
the default programs for email and web browsing as well as instant messaging.
XP by default starts the microsoft chat client but once you install SP1 you
can disable that crap.

--
David Selders
david at malleable.org