[geeks] Ok, who else digs goth chicks here

dave dave at cca.org
Fri Jan 17 23:37:09 CST 2003

kurt at k-huhn.com writes:

>Caleb Shay <caleb at webninja.com> wrote:
>> lots of bands.  Snap-Her was the most recent (and longest lived at 9
>> years).  Before that she was in The Creamers, The Derita Sisters and
>> Jr., and for a while she was the guitar player for Nina Hagen.  I
>> wouldn't expect anybody to have heard of most of these, but if you
>> don't know who Nina is, you don't know punk.
>>

>/me is wondering why nobody might *not* have heard of these bands

Snap-Her were great. The others I don't know. Nina Hagen is, of
course, god.

>Of course, I used to spend every weekend at The Living Room, both first
>location and the second, later "resurection" location.  I can remember
>one night driving back to Bristol wondering if the all the fog was
>actual fog, or a contact high...

I saw Slayer at the first location. That was sick.

They used to have a killer show at the Living Room every Halloween,
but that's tapered off over the last few years.

The best shows I've seen in the past year I've had to travel for -
Melt Banana in Boston, The Locust in New York...

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------- When Heaven is full, the dead shall walk the earth. -----------