[geeks] octane personal video

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Thu Jan 16 23:14:09 CST 2003

I'm trying to find a reason to spend more money.  You're not
helping :)

Seriously, i haven't used my PVR since i got out of 3D work,
almost 5 years ago.  I'm trying to get back into it, just to
have something to do in my downtime, hobby type of thing.  I
really liked my PVR and never had any complaints with it as
far as quality was concerned but the only way i can use it
is to install WinNT or Win2K.  I don't want ANY Win32 stuff in
my home.  I detest it more than most people who say they do.
I have an old dual PPro that i may, reluctantly, setup NT 4.0
on and SpeedRazor.  I guess it wouldn't be so bad if i only
used it for video in and out, but if i could replace the PVR
with the Octane i wouldn't have to worry about it.  Still it's
at $550 now, kinda pricey.

If only there were linux drivers for the PVR.

Thanks,
/KRM