[geeks] Holy FAST batman!!!

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Thu Jan 16 19:53:52 CST 2003

Did everyone see the g4 TO p4 speed comparison converting RAW images on
/. the other day?

The 1.8ghz P4 was doing them about 20% faster then the dual 1.25Ghz
g4,and the 3.06ghzp4... Well lets just say it wasn't pretty.

There are a few things the P4 is very good it. Large calculations like
that are one of them. Especially since they are relatively easily broken
up into little blocks that can be executed in paralell.

I wonder how hyper threading will affect things?

Chris Byrne