[geeks] Holy FAST batman!!!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jan 16 19:46:24 CST 2003

Okay, normally I'm not given to swooning over x86 gear, but I just saw
something really wild.

My Octane, R12k3 300Mhz, performs one Distributedfolding.com block of
5000 protein structures every 3.7 hours - a respectable speed.  I
installed it, for shits and giggles, on a relatively unused system at
work that has a single P4 Xeon 1.8Ghz - and it does one block of 5000
every 25 *minutes*.

I'm actually very fucking impressed.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."