[geeks] Recreational vehicle

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jan 16 10:24:27 CST 2003

Steven Hill <sjh at waroffice.net> wrote:

> > Also interesting is the claim that sales of tank munition are
> > unrestricted in the US and Switzerland, is this true? What would be the
> > reason for that? Has anyone bought any tank munition recently?
>
> I think that has to be BS... If citizens can buy tank ammo, I am scared.

Actually, it *is* restricted in the US.  Or, more appropriatly, regulated.
If you have a class 3 FFL, you can buy artillary ammo.  You normally can't
use it, however, without living in a freindly state and gaining appropriate
permits.  Your average joe can't buy it.

Just try registering this as a daily driver too - no go, at least not in the
US.  However, I recall that *small* tanks can be registered as a daily
driver in the UK as long as they've been de-milled to carry no working
weaponry.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com