[geeks] Recreational vehicle

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Thu Jan 16 09:49:03 CST 2003

If you have a class three license you can in fact purchase tank ammo. Or
just about anything else for that matter as long as it isnt considered a
weapon of mass destruction, a precursor, or on the specific restricted
lists.

You can buy it, you can own it, you can sell it, and if you get the
proper permits you can even use it. In Arizona, Texas, Alabama,
Arkansas, and South Carolina. You can't manufacture it for sale however.
All manufacturing of class three devices must be at federally approved
manufacturers and arsenals.

One of the so called reasons the feds had to raid the branch dividian
compound was the "hoarding" or military weapons and ammunition into an
"arsenal". They had to use the word arsenal specifically because in and
of themselves none of the weapons the davidians had was illegal, but if
you get enough of them into one place the feds get very nervous. There
are several statutes that specifically make arsenals illegal, but there
is no legal defninition of what constitutes an arsenal. Its left up to
the Attorney's general of the several states and the nation, and more
often the BATF.

Chris Byrne