[geeks] XIO V10 card size question

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jan 16 09:01:37 CST 2003

Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> SI and 256megs of ram.  I forget the speed.  It doesn't sound too likely
> that it has the proper revisions for upgrading much beyond a nice dual
> R10k and MXE.  But, the seller wasn't really specific enough about those
> details, it was just my impression.

It's more than likely that the revision numbers would let you got to dual
R12k.  All Octanes have the ability to do R12k 300Mhz (single or dual) or
400Mhz (single only).  A later board revision is necessary if you want to do
R14k though.

> Cool.  That would be usual information for me so that I know what I need
> to shoot for.

188MB, not including the documentation which takes another ~50MB in whatever
dir you want it in.  I installed Houdini to /opt/hfs5.5, and the docs sit in
$HOME/houdini.  It also creates a $HOME/houdini5.5 dir to store desktop
preferencess - I forgot to check what this grew to.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com