[geeks] Remember Bobby Fischer?

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Tue Jan 14 22:35:14 CST 2003

You sound like a serious fan here man.

If course it would be a seterotype in american culture your name being
Yuri. Actually I had a belorussian friend named Yuri who was a serious
player at one point.

I used to play a lot, but for the past few years I've primarily played
against the computer which is either too easy (too predicatble) or too
hard (thinking WAY too many moves ahead for me) depending on the
difficulty level I choose.

I love the concept of blitz chess where you really have to think
tactically. Especially if you play in a ranked tournament style where
you can combine both strategic and tactical play (i.e. take a big risk
here to knock this guy out of your way so you can be more cautious
against a different player later etc...). Its also mutch more
interesting to watch than traditional chess matches.

Primarily I play 5 minute matches on my palm pilot using  chess tiger.

It's the best free chess program I've foound for the palm though if you
have any recommendations for better, and for PC Im all ears

Chris Byrne