[geeks] Re: HP's squandering

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jan 14 17:58:48 CST 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 12:26:28PM +1300, Gavin Hubbard wrote:
> Be careful though - the base model 6310 isn't tri-band capable, you need to
> get the 6310i. Unfortunately they are cosmetically identical. I bought a
> non-contract (i.e. outright purchase with no SIM lock) new phone and paid
> around 375USD but I'm sure they're cheaper outside of New Zealand.

Mine's an i model.  Not that I'm likely to use the 1900MHz band <shrug>.
The phone was free - but tied to a contract.  But then, seeing that I was
merely replaceing the phone and have every intention of staying with the
same provider, I don't care.  And if I do ever need it unlocked, then
it'll cost all of a tenner.

  emacs: for a brave GNU Word
             -- cdevers, in #london.pm