[geeks] plex86 and similar

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jan 14 15:32:22 CST 2003

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 22:07, Caleb Shay wrote:
> I haven't used it in several years, but back then it was painfully
> slow.  I tried using it again about 6 months ago, but the kernel modules
> it required to run the linux client weren't compatible with 2.4 kernels
> (may be fixed now).

Plex86 development was stopped for a long time (with cobwebs on their site
etc.) because Mandrake, who employed the main developer of plex86, lost
interest in the software. However, since some time, development seems to have
continued; the project is now hosted at gnu savannah. And yes it works with a
2.4 kernel :-)

Frank