[geeks] HP's squandering

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Jan 13 00:25:12 CST 2003

They sell architectural upgrades for the older 3000's (board swap
etc.), and/or recommend consolidating services on rp7400 machines.  As
far as I can tell with what I have learned so far... I guess I should
have clarified... the other two 4 and 5 are more conceptual rather than
separate arch's... well at least 5 since it's also pa-risc based.  My
point was they have all this research and development... millions of
man-hours... a sizable customer base...control of the architecture and
they just sh*t can it all... and decide to be at the mercy of Intel's
every whim.

Andrew