[geeks] SGI Indy/I2 video software question...

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Jan 12 22:47:54 CST 2003

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 01:42:13PM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> That't kinda what I figured.  I was just looking to see if the I2/Indy
> boxea I have (R4400, 200mhz) would take less time time to render video
> than my G3, 128M iBook and Final Cut Pro 2.  I'm actually looking for a
> reason to keep the Indy/I2 boxes when I move here soon.  I'm probably
> going to have to get rid of most everything else but them, the iBook, my
> Cyrix/Jetway Linux server, and some misc parts/drives/etc.

Yeah, moviemaker is pretty unsophisticated.  If you have FCP, I'd use it
instead.

I wouldn't expect that generation of SGI desktop to be too stellar at
video editing, although with a hardware compressions board and Max
Impact graphics, and software that is probably virtually impossible to
get ahold of, the I2 wouldn't be too bad.

--
Joshua D. Boyd