[geeks] SGI Indy/I2 video software question...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jan 12 12:24:40 CST 2003

Mike Hebel <nimitz at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Does Irix 6.5 come with a video editor - something along the lines of
> what Final Cut Pro does for the Mac?  I know the Indy in 5.3 had some
> capture software but no editing stuff that I could find.
>
> If I wanted to use some software to edit video on the I2 what would be
> the best to use?  (The video would be captured elsewhere - like by the
> Indy.)

Moviemaker is decent - it's no Final Cut Pro, but it's good for what it
does.  Just be sure not to convert to MPEG before trying to edit the
stream.  A while back moviemaker couldn't edit MPEG, I suspect that
hasn't changed.  There's also soundtrack, which is the soundtrack
editor, as the name suggests.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."