[geeks] Have seen the light... know which machine I MUST HAVE... *drool*

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Jan 11 22:05:13 CST 2003

On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 10:54 PM, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> I must have one...
>
> HP 9000 V2250.... (*slobber*)
>
> Didn't you just get one Gavin?  I seem to recall a photo of a VClass
> that you had up a while ago
>
> I am doing Asset management and spec'ing out all the HP equipment for
> our client's (two actually) shared datacenter so we can stock
> spares....
>
> They have everything from apollo 735's... to K-Class, V-Class... and
> rp8400.
>
> I took one look at the ioscan and I am drooling.... I've always used
> the unit as a nice table... but it makes me doubly sorry that they feel
> the need to send it back (lease ending soon)....gah

   Well, follow it to the leasing company.  If they've gotten their
money out of it, they'll probably let it go for a song.  That's how I
got my first Cray, only two years old at the time, for pennies on the
dollar.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols