[geeks] Fight with computer brings SWAT team

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Fri Jan 10 09:43:51 CST 2003

On Friday, January 10, 2003, at 05:35 AM, Gavin Hubbard wrote:

> http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/city_news/article/
> 0,1713,BDC_2422_1661447,00.
> html

I guess it's a good thing I've never been caught :) One time I was
fixing a PC, and it just wouldn't work, so finally (when I was pretty
sure I had it fixed) I took out my gun, held it to the computer's
floppy opening, and said "Ok, that's it, if you don't work this time,
I'll give you a good reason to never work again!" Then I put the gun
back in my pocket, turned on the power, and it booted up wonderfully!
The secretary in our office was talking about that incident for years!

Or the time a cheap VCR refused to eject a tape it had eaten, I threw
it into the street, jumped on it a few times, then shot it 3 times.
Then I took it to a video rental store that had a sign "We fix any VCR
$29.95" :) They pointed out the fine print saying that they reserve the
right to refuse to service any VCR they feel isn't fixable :)

-Mike