[geeks] Ebooks, baen, and honor harrington

dave dave at cca.org
Thu Jan 9 12:14:06 CST 2003

david at cantrell.org.uk writes:

>On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 11:29:04PM -0500, dave wrote:
>> david at cantrell.org.uk writes:
>> >Gibbon; Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (all volumes)
>> What edition of Gibbon? Is it any good (ie: are the footnotes
>> hypertext, etc)? Is it just the Gutenberg version? All the online
>> versions I've seen are horrificly bad.

>It's the Modern Library edition (which I think is just a different name
>for the Everyman edition, which is what my paper copy is).  Footnotes
>are hyperlinked.  I can't really fault it, aside from not having the
>delicious texture of heavy paper.  I bought it from peanutpress.com.

Ah, not freely available? I ask because I've been working on
my own hypertext edition of Gibbon, and being halfway done at
this point, I'd be rather disappointed to find a free copy
already floating around.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------- When Heaven is full, the dead shall walk the earth. -----------