[geeks] Ebooks, baen, and honor harrington

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Jan 9 06:10:35 CST 2003

On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 11:29:04PM -0500, dave wrote:
> david at cantrell.org.uk writes:
> >Gibbon; Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (all volumes)
> What edition of Gibbon? Is it any good (ie: are the footnotes
> hypertext, etc)? Is it just the Gutenberg version? All the online
> versions I've seen are horrificly bad.

It's the Modern Library edition (which I think is just a different name
for the Everyman edition, which is what my paper copy is).  Footnotes
are hyperlinked.  I can't really fault it, aside from not having the
delicious texture of heavy paper.  I bought it from peanutpress.com.

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david