[geeks] Everyone needs one :)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Jan 9 08:23:44 CST 2003

"Chris Byrne" <chris at chrisbyrne.com> wrote:

> Well it looks like on of the long flexible cold cathose fleurescent
> lamps inside a lexan tube. And considering the low power requirement
> plus the brightness of them I don't see what else it could be and still
> maintain a relatively reasonable cost ($130 price differnetial between
> ignited and non ignited. Whoa)

Do you have a a link, perchance?

I'm just starting a metalworking business again, and I'm thinking this might
be a good excercise for skills developement.  Plus it would look really cool
displayed on my desk.

Most of the construction is self evident from the photos, but the glowing
blade has me somewhat stumped (not actual construction, just how to make it
glow).

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com