[geeks] I've hit rock bottom

Kevin kevin at pipeline.com
Tue Jan 7 19:32:06 CST 2003

I had a similar job back in 97.  Home and Business
on site work.  A lot of my work took me to Key West,
which, contrary to marketing materials, is a trash
ridden, run down hell hole. Once i asked a customer if
i could use their bathroom. She pointed me to a small
room whose only door was a bunch of beads forming a
crude curtain (the the main room where the computer was
located and this bathroom made up the entire dwelling,
no other rooms). I opted for the Exxon station a few
miles out of Key West.

On a different note, i once had to deliver a new G3
tower to a group of Swiss musicians on Devine street
(Key West again).  I got there, took the tower out of
the box and before i could even unbox the monitor they
had plugged it up to their power converter from
home, thus releasing the magic smoke.  Six hours of
driving and $25 for parking all in vain.

I'm glad those days are gone.

/KRM