[geeks] 1911A1 handguns (was Re: Help me convert...)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jan 8 22:22:55 CST 2003

Kevin <kevin at pipeline.com> wrote:

> I too just replaced my Glock 17 with an USP .40
> compact (actually still waiting out the waiting period
> but i'll be out of town for the next week so it's not
> so bad :).

Waiting period?  What's that?
(kidding)

I sent some woman into a total tizzy when I was talking to my
step-brother-in-law (or something) in RI last week about the latest
pistol I purchased - a CZ52 which got drop-shipped to my front door.
Having an FFL is a serious money (and time) saver...

> Are the H&Ks as rugged as the Glocks?  I used to beat
> on my Glock like a red headed step child and it never
> had any problems.  Should i expect the same from the
> H&K?

The H&K is up there, in terms of reliability.  Glocks are tough - IMO
they'd have to be, since they're so damn ugly.  I like the USP, but
don't find them particularly comfortable.  Like the Glock, I think
they're a little blocky.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."