[geeks] 1911A1 handguns (was Re: Help me convert...)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jan 7 15:28:33 CST 2003

Michael Schiller <schiller at agrijag.com> wrote:

> I haven't read any about the CorBon .400 hopefully it's more powerful
> than the S&W .40 which is what my H&K USP Compact is chambered in. I

http://www.corbon.com/400.html
It's roughly the same as the hottest 10mm loads, but requires nothing more
than a barrel swap (and possibly a recoil spring).  Same magazine, no frame
or slide mods, nothing.  .400 cCorBon brass is basically .45ACP brass necked
down to .40, and it headspaces off the shoulder.  I'm itching to give it a
go, but am holding off untill I have a set of dies for my reloader, and can
load my own.

> .40 isn't all that impressive. My daily carry piece is a Rossi M720 .44
> Spec revolver, and while like most revolvers it's only got 5 shots, I
> carry silvertips in it, and the .44 is strong enough to put down
> whoever I'm shooting at (as long as they're close, this thing isn't too
> accurate). Since moving from So Florida I haven't really felt as much
> of a need to carry a weapon, but you never know, it's better to have it
> and not need it than to need it and not have it!

If Ohio ever adopts CCW legislation I'm likely to go for a 4" Taurus Tracker
in .45 ACP (revolver)
.  Odd state, open carry is legal and protected, but
concealed carry is illegal.  It saw a good review recently in a mag I read
(shooting times?) and comes in my favorite caliber...

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com