[geeks] Re: Help me convert a computer illiterate to an iMac!

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Mon Jan 6 22:40:58 CST 2003

MacOS 7.5.5 on through 9.x was a horrific mess (and this was
a long time period). I had relatively few issues with 6
through 7.5.3.

NT 3.5.1 was acceptable, pretty fast and didn't crash too
often.  It would also run a number of the first
Win95 apps that came out.  Everything else after that was
slower and slower and slower and buggier and buggier.......

I do believe that WinXP, if you do a ton of work disabling a
vast number of things, is *slightly* better than Win2K.  But
neither are fit for human consumption IMHO and neither are
allowed in my home.

/KRM