[geeks] Re: Help me convert a computer illiterate to an iMac!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jan 7 09:31:03 CST 2003

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 10:10 AM, Gavin Hubbard wrote:
> When I was a student I worked in a Mac based publishing company
> (System 7.5 and onwards). I've got some nightmare stories about Macs
> and their vaunted publishing apps (-:

   I think your experience there is pretty unusual.  Though I personally
despise MacOS Classic (and despised Macs themselves until the G3/G4
machines started hitting the streets).

> Windows NT/2000/XP did a nice job in bringing modern OS essentials
> like memory management and task scheduling down to the consumer level
> (the architecture of WinNT is pretty solid - Dave Cutler et al).

   I think your experience is pretty unusual there too.  I'm glad you've
had better luck with it than most of the rest of the world.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols