The Ideal gaming PC's? was RE: [geeks] Re: Help me convert a computer illiterate to an iMac!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jan 7 08:08:47 CST 2003

Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> of dell/compaq/gateway/etc.  However, I dont mind at all having paid $1850
> for this dual-867Mhz G4 - I spent a year and a half using a G4 Cube, and
> this tower is awesome.  I dont see needing any upgrades, etc, for at least
> two years.  I'm going to use this system for the next two years, and its
> worth the $100/month or so that it works out to.

That's so cool.  My Octane has got about a year on it now, with only an
upgrade to the Processor.  The rest has remained static, with only the
addition of some hard drive space right after I bought it.  This Octane,
with the renewed life of the 300Mhz processor will take me another year at
least, and quite probably longer.  If it starts getting comparitively slow
to other systems (enough for me to notice anyway), I'll more than likely go
and buy an Octane2 with an R14k processor.  By the time I need to buy the
Octane2, this system will have cost me less than $30 per month factoring in
processor and disk upgrades.

I have others that I still use that are down to pennies per day - like
www.loneadmin.com...

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com