The Ideal gaming PC's? was RE: [geeks] Re: Help me convert a computer illiterate to an iMac!

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jan 6 23:57:48 CST 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 10:43:06PM -0700, Chris Byrne wrote:
> You know the funny thing is, you could cut that price in half pretty
> easily and STILL get a computer that kicks the ass out of anything
> you'll get from the major manufacturers at ANY price.

I looked at dell.com just to see what I could have bought for the
$1700 + tax that this G4 cost me.. I could have ended up with a NICE
2.4Ghz P4 system *with* a 17" (I think it was; might have been an 18")
flat panel... but blah, its a *PC*.  I have enough PCs.  I *like* this
G4.. I like it like I loved my first SPARCstation.

I've *never* bought a computer pre-built "off the shelf" before, because
I could always build my own, and get the same performance at half the price
of dell/compaq/gateway/etc.  However, I dont mind at all having paid $1850
for this dual-867Mhz G4 - I spent a year and a half using a G4 Cube, and
this tower is awesome.  I dont see needing any upgrades, etc, for at least
two years.  I'm going to use this system for the next two years, and its
worth the $100/month or so that it works out to.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net