[geeks] Pegasos PPC ATX board

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 06:42:33 CST 2003

--- Michael Schiller <schiller at agrijag.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 06:52 AM, William S. wrote:
>
> > I was looking at a discussion about the
> > Pegasus PPC ATX board (mentioned by Josh
> > last month) and ran across this link to
> > a video about it.
> >
> > http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/%7Eaminet/pix/mpg/Pegasos.mpg
> >
> > I have not watched it yet but some of you might want
> > to take a look also.
>
> After watching that video, that machine is the last one I'd want to
> buy! I'm sorry, but these folks are supposed to be familiar with the
> Amiga line of computers, the first ones that were seriously into
> video production, they *should* know how to sync video to the
> computer monitor so you can actually see what they're trying to
> show you!

I wonder how you can sync a hand-held video camera to an independent
vido source (the computer)? I think the purpose of the video was to
pacify either investors or potential customers that the machine is
complete and operational by some measure. I think they wanted to prove
that the box they were showing you was the box that was booting - and
if they had a direct video feed into a video recorder, that would be a
hard sell, IMHO.

> And if the overall quality of the video production is any indication
> of the quality of the company's products, again, I'd stay FAR away
> from it!

Again, I view this more as a piece of internal evidence/proof the
machine boots/runs as-is. I do not view this as any possible indicator
how good their engineering is... For that I'd like front and back shots
of the MB, showing how many/how few jumpers are needed to overcome
mistakes in the MB from the Fab...

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com