[geeks] WCMS recommendations

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Sat Jan 4 06:46:22 CST 2003

Hi Lads

Dave's post on Mambo server (for neutorica.com) has reminded me that I need to set up a small website for a new company I've just started. The website will be used to distribute information about the company as well as (regularly updated) product listings and special promotion high-lights.

Can anyone recommend a good web content management system? So far I've only looked at phpWebSite and Mambo server (they both look pretty good, though Dave's comments about phpWebSite have been noted). GPL'd applications would be preferred if available.

I'm going to make a dedicated low-end webserver (probably an HP rp2430) available for the site, so there are no problems with application dependencies e.g. mySQL or PERL etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Gavin