[geeks] Help - preparing drive for an SGI Indigo 2

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 1 03:49:37 CST 2003

Hello all,

I am putting together my hardware for tomorrows project (well, todays
project now!), bringing up an SGI Indigo 2.

First, an easy question - what drive ID should the drive be set to? I
have a proper sled, but the ST15150N I want to use has "micro" jumpers,
and the cable for drive ID selection is a "mini" jumper block, so I
have to set the drive ID manually. This will be the boot drive, and it
will be in the "hidden" (or lower) drive bay on my Indigo 2.

Second, w/r/t the above drive (ST15150N), I have seen this page:
http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/scsi/st15150n.html, but can not
figure out which end is pin 1 of J4 located? (near power jack, or top
of drive)?

Finally, is there any reason why a stock ST15150N wouldn't work in an
Indigo 2? I probably should have asked this first ;^)

Thanks in advance,

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com