[geeks] Easy way to tell from part number?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Feb 13 12:11:18 CST 2003

I had someone offer me broken A3647A low profile 4GB drives if I want to
salvage the drive cans from them... the problem is (though I'm not sure),
but I think that HP labelled all low-profile FWD cans as A3647A regardless
of whether or not they had SE modules internal or DF modules (with the
earlier headboard).  I asked if the person would check them, and they acted
like that was a lot of labor for $15 each... (yeah right takes 2 seconds to
pop 4 pins and glance at the ribbon cable)...they acted like it was a matter
of doing my own research... well research isn't telling me anything on the
matter and I'd hate to pay $15 a pop for more of what I already have 3
useless modules of... at that point I'd rather buy working DF drives. (but
they cost more)

Andrew J. Weiss
Field Network Engineer
En Pointe Technologies