[geeks] Java on Windows 2000

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Feb 11 08:26:00 CST 2003

"Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know what the Java runtime capabilities are of a stock
> install of Windows 2000, service pack 2?  A (not computer literate)
> friend of mine wants a small program written, and I'd rather write it in
> Java than reinstall Virtual PC + Windows + Visual Studio on my laptop.
> However, if a vanilla install of Windows won't run Swing apps (or at
> least AWT apps), it won't be worth walking him through installing the
> JRE.

A stock install of Windows 2000 doesn't have *any* JVM installed, that I'm
aware of.  Installing the JRE on Windows is dead-fucking-simple.
Double-click, click okay, I agree, etc, etc.  Easy peasy....

--
Kurt                 " Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to flagellate
kurt at k-huhn.com        myself with a soldering iron."