[geeks] SGI packing

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 8 23:02:20 CST 2003

--- Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:
> Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com> wrote:
>
> > materials.  I just received two DIMMS ordered from SGI.  They
> > came in a box roughly twice the width of a shoe box and about
> > the same thickness.... for two "remarketed" DIMMS?  I mean, of
>
> They're not alone, unfortunately.  I just got in a single DIMM from
> newegg.com packed in the largest Fedex overnight box they could find,
> and nearly 6 feet of bubble wrap.

Heh, I've done that with eBay sales when I use Priority Mail - the
boxes are free from the post office, and the first few pounds cost the
same as a 4 oz. package...

Sometimes I feel bad for the fellow on the other end, since it might
not fit in the poor fellows mailbox...

"Gonna go to Mississipi - gonna see Miss Eliza." <clang> Gawd, I love
this movie! (Take the money and run...)

Right now the chain gang is escaping on bicycles, with their leg irons
attached - oh, they just entered the farm house... ;^)

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com