[geeks] Dual Xeon vs Dual G4

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Feb 2 13:52:34 CST 2003

I did the same thing with my G3, and I did that when OS X was Rhapsody
DR1 after playing with OPENSTEP 4.2 and shortly after Jobs came back.
I was done with hacking PC's together with spit and chewing gum and
still not getting a satisfactory experience... Hello 8 year Apple Loan
($120 a month for a top of the line machine "highest config on the
Apple store")... the only thing that peeved me slightly were:

1. Next month or so my machine was $1000 cheaper and they had the
450... oh well.

2. When they temporarily tried to discontinue DVD player support on the
older G3's with hardware DVD.

Andrew

OS 9 does suck, but I decided that all the Classic MacOS's even with
coop multi-tasking run better than any of the DOS based Windows
versions.  As long as you don't use the MS libs, they don't tend to
crash either.  I.e. if you only launch Adobe and Quark apps all day
long they can stay up for many days.