[geeks] Dual Xeon vs Dual G4

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Feb 1 20:02:51 CST 2003

"Chris Byrne" <chris at chrisbyrne.com> wrote:

> > I'd love to buy a G4 to be my main system, and I'm someone
> > that once swore I'd never buy another Apple computer again.
> >

> Just wondering about the reasoning behind the second part of that
> statement.

I don't know about Eric, but I hated the previous Mac OSs.  Well, hated
is a strong word - they weren't as good as I would have liked.  I did
find the hardware pretty interesting, but the OS kept me from buying
them in volume.

I did own a 7500, and 8100, and an 8500 - as well as a Desktop Beige G3.
 However, my mother was the one that used most of them in any capacity.
She loved 'em, she said they did Photoshop work *way* better than any
Windows box she ever used.  Actually, that 8500 A/V is still in my
garage waiting for me to get it a G3 upgrade CPU card and set it up for
the kids.

--
Kurt              "My name is James Connolly, I didn't come here to die,
kurt at k-huhn.com    but to fight for the rights of the working man..."