[geeks] Equivelents of SGI's FAM

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:04 CST 2003

Don't know about *BSD and Solaris, but under Linux, if I want FAM like
functionality, I use....FAM. :)  From the FAQ it apparently runs on BSD
distributions too.

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/

To avoid the whole polling issue, I use the DNotify patch to fam

ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/fam/download/contrib/dnotify.patch

Cheers,

Caleb